vs2010 disabled, vs2008 fine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ghiboz

2 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  05:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all!
I have this problem: with the latest build, when I inserted the license happens this:
in vs2008 everything is ok, but in vs2010, the first time that I use vs2010 is fine, but after a reboot or simply after a suspension, when I start vs2010 all the VAX menus are disabled, only tools->VA view and tools->Find reference results..
what can I do? I need to reinstall all the times?
thanks

Edited by - ghiboz on May 15 2012 05:50:04 AM

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  7:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is odd and should not happen. It is possible that Visual Assist cannot save the registry entries due to a permission problem.

If you are running Visual Studio 2010 with administrative privileges, you must explicitly allow extensions to run:
Tools | Options | Environment | Extension Manager | "Load per user extensions when running as administrator"
Go to Top of Page

blindauer

2 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  8:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having this exact issue. I upgraded to build 10.7.1903.0, maybe a week or so ago, and a few days ago noticed that all the items in the VAssistX menu, and all the buttons on the toolbar, are disabled. VA doesn't give me any warning or dialog when I launch it. Works fine in 2008, however.

I quit and relaunch VS, no effect. Restart my machine, no effect. Finally uninstalled and reinstalled VAX (10.7.1903.0), no effect.

I have the option set you mentioned above. Also, I can see in Tools->Extension Manager that VAX is installed and enabled. If I look at HKCU/Software/Whole Tomato/Visual Assist X, I can see UserName is filled in, but UserKey is not. Quitting VS, nuking those keys, and relaunching VS had no effect (in 2010, that is; 2008 prompted me for my key when I launched it).

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit, if that helps. Prior to this I had been using an older build of VAX (don't know exactly what version), with no issues.
Go to Top of Page

blindauer

2 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  2:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I just installed 10.7.1906.0, and the issue seems to have gone away. Odd.
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  8:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is odd indeed. I hope it was a one-off problem for you
Go to Top of Page

ghiboz

2 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  03:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after many uninstall and install seems ok...
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  11:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update, hopefully VA will keep on working. But if you have more problems please let us know, and we will do what we can to help.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000