Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2004 :  06:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

I just coded a bit in C# using System.Type.InvokeMember.

After typing

tObj.InvokeMember("DoIt", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.

and navigating to ExactBinding from the displayed member listbox I get a tooltip which displays the members documentation followed by binary garbage - this binary garbage is actually *changing* while displayed in the tooltip. So I see some flickering/changing special characters. This is only the case for ExactBinding all other members display the documentation correctly.

Bye,
SvenC

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2004 :  10:16:21 PM  Show Profile
That is odd. This is VS.NET's dialog and tooltip. We only color it if the option is enabled, you might turn it off and see if the problem still happens.

BTW: Tried your example here and the tooltip looks fine.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2004 :  03:57:06 AM  Show Profile
Hmm, strange. I did some further testing. Somehow VAX doesn't seem to get fully "activated"/"started" after opening the VS.NET2003:

After startup my source is colored by VAX - so VAX seems enabled. I looked at the tool tip for ExactBinding and it displayed correctly but without coloring (which is not really bad as it is only documentation and not source code). After displaying and closing VAX options once the tooltips are colored and the tooltip text is ending with garbage. This behaviour is reproducable after every start of VS.NET

May this startup issue is connected to another phenomenon: when opening a VC++ project the editor starts with VAX's context and definition combo boxes *and* with VS.NET's types and member combo boxes displayed above the source code. When I disable and enable VAX and display and close the options dialog the VS.NET combo boxes for types and members disappear (this is OK as VAX's combo boxes replace them with richer functionality). When I disable VAX again its combo boxes disappear but VS.NET's combo boxes do not reappear which I would expect them to do! When I enable VAX again, both lines of combo boxes (VAX's and VS.NET's) are displayed again. Displaying and closing the options dialog makes VS.NET's combo boxes disappear again.

Any ideas?

Bye,
SvenC
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2004 :  1:25:40 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Any ideas?

You got your PC from the Twilight Zone.

It appears VA X unchecks the option for "Navigation Bar" in "Tools|Options|Text Editor|C/C++" when you disable and enable. Obviously, VA X does not remember the state of the Navigation Bar.

We will make VA X restore the Navigation Bar to the state at disable or state at launch of the IDE. We may implement the latter if VA X cannot detect a change in the Navigation Bar while it is disabled.

Edited by - support on Feb 06 2004 1:27:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2004 :  11:08:52 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by support

quote:
Any ideas?

You got your PC from the Twilight Zone.

Twilight Zone computers are the best - so many strange things to explore

IIRC this behaviour (doubled combo boxes not unsupported Twilight Zone computers ) is new to VAX - previous versions (4.x, 7.x) did already implement the replacing combo boxes.
Lets see what build 1216 will bring.

Bye,
SvenC
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2004 :  2:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Removed flicker from tooltips in build 1230.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000