Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Local Man Loses VAX Options to Power Failure

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LarryLeonard Posted - Sep 16 2009 : 10:12:18 PM

I can't believe I (or someone else) hasn't posted this before, but I just lost power here for 10 seconds, and apparently I never exited Visual Studio since tweaking my VAX Options just the way I like them - about 7 hours ago. Everything's back to the default. And me with my dark background.

Surely, when I click the OK button on the "Visual Assist X Options" dialog, the settings should be saved, backed-up, microfiched, and emailed to my Mom, right?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
peterchen Posted - Sep 22 2014 : 03:50:52 AM
sean: that just saved me from losing my settings - thanks!
sean Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:43:06 AM
case=32509 is implemented in build 2047 - settings are committed to registry when the VA Options dialog is closed.
Nobodo Posted - Sep 23 2009 : 1:19:48 PM
Autosaving sounds good to me!
sean Posted - Sep 22 2009 : 3:13:21 PM
Should the state of the "save now" checkbox itself be saved?

Would a button make more sense?

Any reason not to just always save out when the dlg is closed?
Nobodo Posted - Sep 22 2009 : 1:25:11 PM
+1 for this!

I have often done what it sounds like Larry has done; spent a laborious time getting colors, etc. just right...
Then I'll make the mistake of opening another instance of VS before closing the one I made all the changes in. If I don't close them in the right order, there go the desired changes!

Thanks,
Mark.
feline Posted - Sep 21 2009 : 3:26:43 PM
This makes sense, especially since VA not saving its options instantly comes up periodically, I have put in a feature request for this:

case=32509
LarryLeonard Posted - Sep 20 2009 : 11:26:10 PM
How 'bout a "Save now" checkbox?
feline Posted - Sep 17 2009 : 12:19:25 PM
This has come up before. Currently VA saves its settings when you exit the IDE. If you only work with one IDE then this can seem odd, but it is a reasonable plan when you consider working with two or three instances of the same IDE open at the same time, especially since you might set VA options differently in different IDE instances.

For a dark background VA 1727 should be using more useful default colours. The default colours were improved for a dark background in VA 1707.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000