Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Create implementation missing

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xMRi Posted - Mar 30 2021 : 02:22:45 AM
I have an existing class.
I add the declaration for a function. For example I add the destructor.
I don't leave the line.
Than I open the context menu on this line.

"Create implementation" is missing.

I have to leave the line. Return to the line and than the menu contains this item.
Is there a setting missing in my installation or is this a bug.

Also it seams that waiting some time helps.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 31 2021 : 07:57:52 AM
How responsive is VA when it comes to applying its syntax highlighting, and bold for local variables, assuming you have this turned on, when you edit?

If you were talking a really massive solution or file then that might explain the delay and problem you are seeing, but these numbers are not that large at all. Which suggests that something else is behind this problem, now we just need to try and find it.
xMRi Posted - Mar 31 2021 : 02:42:53 AM
I am using VS-2019 19.9.2, latest VAX version.

More than 200 Header and 200 CPP files. (including library includes maybe 500 header files?)
The file and class were I saw it header = 200 lines, CPP source 3300 lines.

feline Posted - Mar 30 2021 : 07:22:42 AM
If our parser hasn't yet parsed your change, then VA won't know what commands to offer on the function name. The obvious way to watch for this, to check for this, is if the new symbol is coloured correctly.

Testing this here, using VS2019 and VA 2399.0, in a small .h file, I added a new function to an existing class. I typed the semi-colon at the end of the line and paused for a moment, mainly to move my fingers to the cursor keys, while watching the screen. This pause was long enough for the new function to be coloured by VA as a function. When I triggered the Alt-Shift-Q, refactoring context menu, on the function name, Create Implementation was listed.

I was careful that the caret didn't leave the line during this test.

Which IDE and version of VA are you using?

How large, how many lines, in the file where you are seeing this problem?

File size and complexity can effect how quickly VA parses your changes. But for context, my large test file 23,000 lines long. In a "normal" file there should be very little delay before VA understands the code, assuming the code is well formed. If your code is mid edit, and is full of mismatched brackets then this will confuse our parser to a degree, but this doesn't sound like its the problem you have.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000