Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Snippets input dialog

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dirt113 Posted - May 25 2016 : 08:23:59 AM
Whenever I try to input code via a code snippet, the input dialog comes up instead of being inserted directly. It used to work like the latter until yesterday when I updated VS, so what's going on and how do I turn this off for direct insertion of code snippets?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 05 2017 : 11:42:26 AM
Are you using VS2015 update 3?

If so, in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Whole Tomato\Visual Assist X\VANet14, what is the value of EditUserInputFieldsInEditor2
elllliad Posted - Jul 05 2017 : 11:25:25 AM
I signed up just to ask this question.

It's driving me insane that built-in snippets seem to work, but my new custom snippets show a useless pop-up box that breaks my flow.

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed?
Dirt113 Posted - May 25 2016 : 09:47:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by sean

The snippet expansion service was rewritten in VS2015 Update 2. The new implementation introduced bugs so we had to stop using it. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed in Update 3. We will test once it becomes available and then make appropriate changes in a future VA release.

Huh.. didn't see that coming
Thanks anyways :D
sean Posted - May 25 2016 : 09:37:46 AM
The snippet expansion service was rewritten in VS2015 Update 2. The new implementation introduced bugs so we had to stop using it. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed in Update 3. We will test once it becomes available and then make appropriate changes in a future VA release.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000