Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 C/C++ Directories

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
str Posted - Nov 04 2014 : 01:09:53 AM
Hi,
I'm using VS2013 and CMake generated project files. Unfortunaetely CMake puts include and library paths at the 'old' structure (C/C++ additional...; Linker/General) instead at the new VC++ Directories structure. Thus VAssist does not find it. Is there any workaround?

Regards
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 10 2014 : 2:57:46 PM
Have you tried the system option for CMake? I don't really know anything about CMake, but a quick search returned this page, which suggests CMake has the ability to split out the directories to a different project setting:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/include_directories.html
str Posted - Nov 10 2014 : 12:36:31 AM
Yes, and this I also want to have for my 3rdparty libraries. But CMake puts those libraries to the C/C++ settings folder as explained above.
For example:
C:\\Projekte\\Devel11\\Base\\Libraries_VS2010_Win32\\Qt\\include includes of Qt
C:\\Projekte\\Devel11\\Base\\cassandra\\include includes of my own application
feline Posted - Nov 07 2014 : 12:53:28 PM
If you mean not listed in the "C/C++ Directories" settings, this is because the directories listed here are not considered to be stable include directories. These directories are often parts of the solution, and other files that are likely to change on a fairly regular basis.

This page should help to explain things:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W213
str Posted - Nov 05 2014 : 12:27:06 AM
I also tested it again, with same result as you. But I wondered why these directories are not listed in VAssist settings dialog.
feline Posted - Nov 04 2014 : 4:50:04 PM
I have created a new, default VS2013 test project, and then gone into the project properties and in:

Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories

I have set a directory, using its full, absolute path. I then restarted VS2013, just to make sure VA would pick up the changes, and when I type:

#in

and accept the #include "" suggestion, the header files from the directory I have just set are being suggested. I take it this is not working for you?

Am I testing the right thing?

Would you be able to send me a small test project, produced via CMake, that shows the problem? I am not familiar with CMake, and this will avoid me having to ask a load of questions while I figure it out.

If so, please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000