Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 "Go" to constructor takes me to class declaration

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tjcbs Posted - Sep 26 2014 : 03:16:12 AM
When I click on a constructor and click the "Go" button or alt-g, I am taken to the class declaration. To get to the constructor implementation, I have to the click on the constructor declaration and click "Go" again.

So, in

mesh* m = new mesh();

clicking "Go" on the right "mesh" takes me to the declaration of the mesh class. Only the left "mesh" should do that. This both adds an extraneous click, and clutters the IDE with unnecessary open files.

10.8.2043.0, VS2008

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Nov 07 2014 : 09:58:41 AM
case=85216 is implemented in build 2052
feline Posted - Oct 01 2014 : 8:54:59 PM
We are considering adding the class constructor to the Goto related menu, so you can pick it out quickly and easily, which should help you even when you are not sitting on a line like this:

case=85216
tjcbs Posted - Oct 01 2014 : 8:05:04 PM
Cool, Glad to hear you are looking at it. Constructors seem to be what I Goto the most, since I always want to know what something is initialized to.
feline Posted - Sep 29 2014 : 10:50:29 AM
This is a good point, we are considering making alt-g more aware of constructors:

case=3842

for now, using the new command:

VAssistX -> Goto Member...

should help, since this will list the members of the class, and you can select the constructor from the list, jumping there directly.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000