Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Problem with suggestions placement at high DPI

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt Stevens Posted - Aug 14 2012 : 11:40:19 AM
I'm running VAX in a Windows 7 VM on a Retina MacBook Pro. I've set the DPI in Windows to 196% and at this level VAX does not seem to properly account for the font size when displaying suggestions. Instead of the list appearing below the line it appears partially on top of the line:

This is Visual Studio 2010 with VAX 10.7.1908 editing C++. BTW, I'm using 196% here because Windows seems to be ok at this scale but at 200% things start to break.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2012 : 11:15:26 AM
case=68460 is fixed in build 1918
Matt Stevens Posted - Aug 14 2012 : 10:14:58 PM
Yeah, scrolling and UI performance in general seems to be just fine. I brought this VM over from my 2010 MBP and haven't noticed anything becoming slow or choppy.

Application support at this DPI level is definitely hit and miss. Visual Studio seems to do ok, the only real annoyance is that the find dialog is sized larger than its content and looks a little strange. I'm willing to trade it for the improvement to text in the editor though.
accord Posted - Aug 14 2012 : 9:20:21 PM
I am seeing the same effect here with 196% DPI. I have put in a bug report for this:

case=68460

Anyway, 2880 x 1800 is HUGE, is Visual Studio fast enough with that resolution? I mean scrolling the code, etc.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000