Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Why headers vanished after rename?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mosg Posted - Oct 17 2011 : 07:43:03 AM
Hello!

I'm using VA 10.4.1647.0 build 2008.07.30 with VS2008. Added Qt4 include dirs to VA options (like VA Options -> Projects -> C/C++ Directories -> Platform "Custom"). After appending new Qt dir I restart studio to give VA to rebuild headers indexes. When I have open my solution everything is ok, until the moment when I rename any methods/values with VA (right_click -> Refactor(VA X) -> Rename...). After renaming Qt headers lost and I have to restart visual studio again (to made new indexes rebuild)... Why is that happening?

Any help would be useful! Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 20 2011 : 6:20:12 PM
Can you try comparing your stable include settings for Qt to the ones given here:

http://blog.wholetomato.com/2008/11/20/using-qt-44-with-visual-assist-x/

this might offer some clues.

Suggestion listboxes can be "random", since they are guesses, but stable symbols in italic should be reliable and consistent. Either Qt symbols will be in italic or they won't.
mosg Posted - Oct 20 2011 : 03:14:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

This is a suggestion listbox, VA is making a guess at what you are typing. Since this is a guess, it can change, and it does not attempt to show everything. If you press CTRL-SPACE to expand this into a full listbox, are the Qt symbols listed correctly?

If you turn on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Fonts and Colors -> Stable symbols in Italic

are the Qt symbols shown in italic? Are they still shown in italic after doing a rename?

Strange things happening, while I tried your hints (about CTRL-SPACE & etc), somehow I fixed the problem. One off the actions was removing from VA Options, from stable source files line with $QTDIR\\src value. Then every starts work fine, but if I open another studio, not Qt symbol will shown... Today-tomorrow I will test VS and after that will post here additional comments.

Thanks.
feline Posted - Oct 18 2011 : 11:39:24 AM
This is a suggestion listbox, VA is making a guess at what you are typing. Since this is a guess, it can change, and it does not attempt to show everything. If you press CTRL-SPACE to expand this into a full listbox, are the Qt symbols listed correctly?

If you turn on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Fonts and Colors -> Stable symbols in Italic

are the Qt symbols shown in italic? Are they still shown in italic after doing a rename?
mosg Posted - Oct 18 2011 : 05:32:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

What do you mean by lost?

If you go back into VA options dialog, are the Qt directories still listed in your stable include directories?
How do you know VA has lost Qt? What problems are you seeing?

I mean that auto filling of the Qt includes lost. Qt directories still listed in "Custom" include list, but visual studio stops show me tips when I type first symbols of methods/types.

Here is example image:

I'm typing first letters of "QString" word (this is standard Qt string type), but VA doesn't filling it, VA show only unnecessary definitions.

I can repair this situation, just again open VA options, select Platform "Custom", made some small changes, save it, restart IDE and reindexing restarted - then auto filling starts work again, till the moment, when I again do some refactor/rename operations...

feline Posted - Oct 17 2011 : 1:34:56 PM
What do you mean by lost?

If you go back into VA options dialog, are the Qt directories still listed in your stable include directories?
How do you know VA has lost Qt? What problems are you seeing?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000