Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VA Outline Search Feature

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Einztein Posted - Apr 20 2023 : 04:05:51 AM
It would be better if there is a QUICK SEARCH BAR on the top of VA Outline when we have to read a long page of code, so that we can find something quickly.

It seems that this is necessary, others such as JetBrains have this feature.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 20 2023 : 1:25:00 PM
Not showing the navigation bar would certainly explain why this would be helpful. We are considering adding a window that is designed to show a searchable / filterable list of methods in the current file:

case=118438
Einztein Posted - Apr 20 2023 : 12:11:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Are you aware of the Alt-M list, List Methods in File? This is designed to let you quickly search for and jump to a function in the current file:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W192

The idea of VA Outline is that it shows you an overview of the file. If we filter / search this then we are no longer showing you a full outline of the file. Are there times when the Alt-M list doesn't do what you want / need?

Yes, it is the function, the Alt-M List, however, as your signature says, "zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness". Alt-M List is a good function, but i want it to be part of VA Outline, at least i want to have a choice. I don't like the toolbar of Alt-M List keeping open while i don't need it, I like the bar provided by VS origin.
feline Posted - Apr 20 2023 : 06:37:32 AM
Are you aware of the Alt-M list, List Methods in File? This is designed to let you quickly search for and jump to a function in the current file:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W192

The idea of VA Outline is that it shows you an overview of the file. If we filter / search this then we are no longer showing you a full outline of the file. Are there times when the Alt-M list doesn't do what you want / need?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000