Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA 2476: enclose selection in brackets issue

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Feb 24 2023 : 05:50:07 AM
Not sure if that's VA or VS that causes the problem but its damn annoying and happens always. After selecting some lines and pressing { to enclose the selection in curly brackets, the damn VS suggestion list pops up now.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 27 2023 : 12:18:28 PM
I have the settings, thank you for these. Unfortunately no sign of the problem even with the settings. I have replied via email:

case=149219
Uniwares Posted - Feb 24 2023 : 1:47:27 PM
Same thing in new project

Uniwares Posted - Feb 24 2023 : 1:39:56 PM
My guess is that its a new "feature" of VS 17.5, has never happened before. But then again, I did update VA+VS at the same time, so I cant blame one or the other.
feline Posted - Feb 24 2023 : 12:31:41 PM
That's really odd, and no sign of this happening here. Can you please try in a new, default C# solution, just to see if this is somehow solution specific.

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem. Please send me the files via email:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000