Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Introduce variable with right pointer alignment

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikMik Posted - Jan 25 2023 : 06:52:38 AM
If I use Introduce Variable and write the corresponding variable declaration using right pointer alignment (following our style guide), VA adds the * to the introduced variables, dereferencing them in the call site.

I know that if I leave it as is with "center" alignment, VS ends up formatting it correctly, but I think it should not mess the calls up.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 01 2023 : 06:11:46 AM
If you notice this immediately, Undo will undo the refactoring. Or you can remove the unwanted * where the variable is used. A Find References on the newly introduced variable will help you quickly find all instances. Obviously these are just work arounds until we get this fixed properly.
MikMik Posted - Feb 01 2023 : 02:52:19 AM
You're right, leaving the formatting as is just works. But, out of habit, I sometimes format it by hand and then it's all wrong...
feline Posted - Jan 31 2023 : 06:50:33 AM
I am seeing the same problem here. It took a moment or two to work out what you were doing, but I am not sure I was able to explain this any more clearly myself For now the work around is to leave the formatting alone in the introduce variable dialog, and then remove the space afterwards.

case=149112

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000