Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA Code Inspection Results - Parsing Failed!

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wkucjas Posted - Nov 07 2022 : 07:48:39 AM
Hello,

could anybody tell me where I can find log for this error? When I am opening Code Inspection Results in bottom bar I see "Parsing failed!". There is no link to file with details and not other info about this error. My solution is quite big so I assume that something could make problems but without any details i cannot check what.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 11 2022 : 12:32:38 PM
Does your code currently compile? Code Inspection does, to a degree, assume you have valid code, so if the code is very much a work in progress this could be part of the problem.

Are you working in a cpp file or a header file here? Is the file part of your solution or part of a 3rd party library, so something inside of a stable include directory?

Is this problem file specific, or is it happening in all files?

For logging, first clear out your %TEMP% folder to make it easier to find new files. Now load the IDE, and load a code file OTHER than the problem file, assuming you have any files where it works. Now enable VA logging via:

VA Options -> Performance -> Enable logging

then open / switch to the problem file. Let VA Code Inspection report parsing failed, then close the IDE to stop the log files growing any larger. I am interested in the files:

%TEMP%\VaCodeInspections.log
%TEMP%\VaCodeInspections_server.log

hopefully this will offer some clues.
wkucjas Posted - Nov 10 2022 : 10:59:27 AM
Hi guys, can I get technical support here? :)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000