Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA 2451: no VA bar in preview windows

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jul 13 2022 : 11:36:21 AM
I think I have reported this long time ago, but not sure.

VS2017, C#

When I do a IDE find in files and single click on a result, the corresponding file opens in a preview window, but without the VA nav bar. Only after clicking into the editor window, or double clicking a search result, VA gets activated in this window.

As a side effect, there is limited coloring too.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 15 2022 : 10:03:40 AM
I had wondered why you had posted so many screen shots, but I didn't spot the difference at first. It looks like it is only local variables that aren't being coloured by VA in the preview tab, before you give it keyboard focus. That is really strange, I would not expect just one type of symbol not to be coloured.

I have put in a bug report for this, thank you for the screen shots, they helped quite a bit once I knew to hunt for a colouring problem:

case=148362
Uniwares Posted - Jul 14 2022 : 12:46:36 PM
The nav bar isnt an actual problem since its not usable anyway until we are in the editor. What kinda call attention though is the incomplete coloring.
feline Posted - Jul 14 2022 : 12:08:11 PM
We don't try to show the VA navigation bar until a tab has focus, which is what is happening here. We are considering changing this, so that the navigation bar is drawn even when the tab doesn't have focus. I have added this situation to the case:

case=51359
Uniwares Posted - Jul 13 2022 : 11:48:39 AM
Here are the differences in coloring in the preview window:

1) VA disabled

2) VA enabled, preview window opened with single click

3) VA enabled, preview window opened with double click or clicked into

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000