Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA 2451: kerning problem in Alt+M list

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jul 14 2022 : 09:18:50 AM
When showing #regions in the Alt+M list and coloring for VA Nav bar is turned on, then regions containing non-ascii characters cause weird font kerning problems. (ignore the already known problems with #region contents coloring, although its probably related)

2nd and last #region in the list:

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 15 2022 : 08:39:26 AM
I have the files, many thanks for these. Are you seeing this under Windows 7, or a different OS? I cannot reproduce this under Windows 10, where I have checked VS2022, VS2019 and VS2017, but I can reproduce this under Windows 7 in different IDE's.

case=148361
Uniwares Posted - Jul 14 2022 : 11:47:47 AM
will do
feline Posted - Jul 14 2022 : 11:41:43 AM
That's bad! Would it be possible to get a copy of just the file that has this problem, for testing purposes? Just these region lines with, what I think are the correct characters, isn't enough to trigger the problem. So I am assuming that there is some critical mass of extended characters that is required here.

I have tried this, in C#, with both VS2017 and VS2022:

Please send me the files via email:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000