Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Creating method nodes

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelby Posted - Feb 02 2021 : 06:04:26 AM
My .cpp files sometimes have a collapsable heading n VA Outline that will have the class name followed by "methods." I think these may be called method nodes, although I could be confused about that. These would be handy if I could figure out how to use them. How do I create and name these things?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelby Posted - Feb 02 2021 : 07:23:46 AM
This is very helpful; thank you!
feline Posted - Feb 02 2021 : 07:21:41 AM
VA Outline groups items together with a parent node when there are several similar items in a row. For methods, if you have several class member methods in a row, then they will all be grouped together under the "CLASS_NAME methods" parent node. This is helpful if you have methods from more than one class in the same cpp file.

If you want more direct control, if you right click in VA Outline and make sure you have "Display Regions" turned On.

In C++ you can introduce a region like this:

#pragma region PRAGMA_REGION
static void functionInsidePragmaRegion()	{ }
static int secondFunctionInsidePragmaRegion()	{ return -1; }
#pragma endregion PRAGMA_REGION

both functions will be shown with the region parent node.

If you want to add regions into VA Outline easily, select one or more entries in VA Outline, then:

Right click -> Surround With -> #pragma region ... #pragma endregion

to surround them. You will then be prompted to name the region, since a region without a name is a lot less informative than a region with a name.

If you are using regions you can also collapse them in the editor, via the "Edit menu -> Outlining" commands.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000