Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 nav bar gets thrown off

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - May 11 2020 : 1:35:45 PM
In a few cases, when I open a winform class, with an error in the .designer.cs file, the VA nav bar gets thrown off for the .cs file as shown in the screen shot. I send an animated image by email, since its too large to post here.
I have noticed that happening since a long time, just couldnt point it out. Now I figured it out to be related to the .designer.cs file.

As you can see, the VA nav bar is glued to the top of the screen and remains there until I close the document window. Switching between documents moves the nav bar between its correct position inside the document window for all other files and the screen 0,0 position (can bee seen in the animation).
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 12 2020 : 09:37:01 AM
It turns out that the bug depends on which tabs are open when you first load the IDE and the test solution. Load with the "wrong" set of open tabs and no bug. Which explains why it is sometimes impossible to reproduce on demand. Happening here for us again now, thank you for double checking.
Uniwares Posted - Sep 10 2020 : 03:49:02 AM
Just checked, yes, still the same. create a new Windows Forms .Net framework project, add a button to the form, go to the form1.designer.cs, change the button type from System.Windows.Forms.Button to ButtonA, save, close, double click on Form1.cs, the above designer error message shows up, click on goto code, and there is in the area of the nav bar just a big redraw-blackhole,

ChrisG Posted - Sep 09 2020 : 12:04:52 PM
We are having trouble reproducing this issue. Do you still have this issue with build 2389?
feline Posted - May 12 2020 : 08:51:32 AM
Thank you for the extra information, I was just in the process of replying that I could not reproduce this when I found it. Much easier when you know exactly what the trigger is.
I have put in a bug report for this:

case=142260
Uniwares Posted - May 12 2020 : 06:12:16 AM
Forgot to show how to get there:
create a winform (example.cs) with an control type that doesnt exist, save it, double click on the example.cs in the solution explorer. You will get a warning like this:

Click on the "Go to code", there is the messed up nav bar.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000