Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA active in non code file

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Aug 18 2020 : 11:38:39 AM
I had it again: VA giving me help in a .txt file (was actually useful)

What I did: edited the .cs file, switched over to the .txt file and started typing.
Its rare and not clear how to trigger.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 20 2020 : 07:02:02 AM
It does remind me of a known IDE bug, at least in earlier versions, when you have:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Documents -> Show Miscellaneous files in Solution Explorer

turned On, the IDE can report the wrong file is the currently open file to VA. So if something similar was happening here, it would help to explain this. But pinning down the trigger is likely to take a bit of doing. Still, any clues you come across would be most welcome.
Uniwares Posted - Aug 19 2020 : 10:57:04 AM
Yes, no pattern to trigger it. Just occasionally it happens, not that any bad comes from it. Its just something in VA that gets triggered when it shouldnt. Might of course also be a bug in VS itself. Given the quality of the last version(s), wouldnt surprise me.
feline Posted - Aug 19 2020 : 10:47:40 AM
I don't suppose it is something that is reproducible, if you delete the symbol / word just typed, and type it again?

It would almost make sense if this was something that could be triggered on demand by typing in a specific location in a specific text file. Not that VA should be active there, but clearly some activity is happening.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000