Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Goto implementation c++ inconsistency

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
suzume Posted - Jun 11 2020 : 08:21:45 AM
Hello,

I have experienced a problem with Goto Implementation (Alt+G) when going from a declaration to a definition on the latest (15.9.24) VS2017 Professional. What I noticed is that when I do Alt+G, it will place the caret on the opening brace of a definition:

void Func()
|{
}

If I move the opening brace to the same line as the definition signature, it will move the caret to the function name (As VS Go to definition).

void Func|() {
}

There is a difference in behaviour while using Alt+G on const and non-const member functions. On non-const, it will let you come back to the declaration without any problems (even though the caret is placed on the opening brace). In case of const member functions, it won't go back to the declaration.

Why does it matter to me?
It was super convenient to do Alt+G back and forth.

Changing braces convention is out of the question.

As far as I remember, on VS2017 15.9.22 it was working fine. I thought it was the newest version of VA, but I have verified a few older versions (until 2018 builds) and the problem has been still occurring.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
suzume Posted - Jun 18 2020 : 05:37:26 AM
Thank you :)
ChrisG Posted - Jun 18 2020 : 01:37:25 AM
case=100615 is fixed in build 2380.
https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W404#2380
feline Posted - Jun 11 2020 : 12:35:09 PM
I did not expect this to fail, but as you say, definitely a bug here:

case=100615

unfortunately I don't currently have an estimate for when this will be fixed, but we are aware of the problem. For now, Alt-O should help a bit. Hardly the same, but at least a step in the right direction.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000