Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Parse CPPUNIT preprocessor macros

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
[email protected] Posted - Dec 08 2019 : 06:12:56 AM
Hello,
When using VaX with CPPUNIT projects, VaX doesn't recognize the CPPUNIT macros. I tried to activate the enhanced macro parsing in the registry and using the va_stdafx.h file. But without success.

Any ideas how to resolve the issue?

Rasmus

VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2353.0 built 2019.11.07
DevEnv.exe version 16.4.29519.181 Professional
msenv.dll version 16.0.29519.181
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.18362.476
Windows 10 10.0 1909 Build 18363.476
8 processors (x86-64, WOW64)

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 18 2019 : 07:59:37 AM
Are any of the warnings related to the underlining? If you hover the mouse over the underlines does the IDE give you any tooltip or other feedback to explain why they are there?
[email protected] Posted - Dec 18 2019 : 04:11:49 AM
The solution compiles without errors - but there are warnings.
feline Posted - Dec 16 2019 : 05:27:39 AM
A silly question, but does your solution compile without errors and warnings? Unless the IDE intellisense parser is confused, which can happen, the underlining should indicate something that the compiler will have a problem with.
[email protected] Posted - Dec 15 2019 : 2:52:11 PM
I disabled VA and the underlines are still there. So it seems to be intellisense.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your support.
Rasmus
accord Posted - Dec 13 2019 : 06:11:45 AM
VA only uses red underlines, not green ones. But intellisense can also use red underlines.
feline Posted - Dec 13 2019 : 04:43:25 AM
If you hover the mouse over the underline, do you get any form of tooltip explaining why the underlining is there? If this is from the IDE then I would expect some form of feedback.

If you try disabling VA via:

VAssistX -> Enable/Disable Visual Assist X

does this have any effect on this underlining? If this has no effect on the underlining then this would tend to show it is from the IDE, and nothing to do with VA.
[email protected] Posted - Dec 12 2019 : 4:36:25 PM
The includes for the macros are part of the project - they are part of the stdafx.h.
But I'm not sure any more if the problem is caused by VA. The squiggles are green and this is not a VA color but an IntelliSense color.

Rasmus
accord Posted - Dec 08 2019 : 7:51:14 PM
Visual Assist needs to parse a file in order to understand its contents. The easiest ways would be to make it happen is to add TestAssert.h (or where the macros are defined) to the project. VA parses every files in a project when you open them.

Does this help?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000