Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Support for C++17 structured bindings

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zeblote Posted - Nov 17 2019 : 6:30:35 PM
Just heard of this thing for the first time and went to try it out, sadly the syntax highlighting and type deduction in va is very questionable :(

Edit: oops, I meant to post this in feature requests
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 29 2020 : 05:44:28 AM
Thank you for letting us know you are also running into this problem. Having a sense of how many people are effected by an issue is useful and helps us to prioritise work.
LtRandolph Posted - Apr 28 2020 : 2:12:59 PM
Good luck fixing this! I use this language feature a lot, and have to wrestle with making the auto-correct not introduce compile errors. I look forward to when it's fixed. :-)
feline Posted - Dec 19 2019 : 3:57:35 PM
Thank you for letting us know this is also effecting you, I have made a note on the case about this. We are hoping to address this fairly soon, but until we try, it's not always obvious how easy it will be to properly support this syntax.
barto Posted - Dec 19 2019 : 11:18:44 AM
+1 on this. It's really stressing me when VAX does auto-correct during the typing of the structured binding or trying to use the variables. I always thought it was a shortcoming on MS's IntelliSense parser...
feline Posted - Nov 19 2019 : 07:33:06 AM
In a way it can seem easier to be a compiler writer, since once you encounter a fatal error in the code, you can go "oops, giving up now". VA is designed to parse your code as you are writing it, so most of the time we expect it to be invalid, and aim to parse it as well as possible regardless. It makes life "interesting"
jase439 Posted - Nov 18 2019 : 4:09:15 PM
I just heard about these a minute ago when I read your post lol. This language is morphing at a rate faster than I can wrap my head around. Can't imagine writing parsers to handle all these language zigs and zags.

For the inquiring mind:

https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/structured_binding
feline Posted - Nov 18 2019 : 3:09:32 PM
Our parser does not currently support / understand structured bindings. This is something we are aware of, but I don't currently have an estimate for when we will try adding support for this:

case=113210

It is useful to know that you have run into this limitation, so I have made a note on the case about this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000