Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Running Visual Studio 19 (16.3) and 2019 Preview

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bartlynn Posted - Oct 24 2019 : 09:40:35 AM
I have both VS 2019 and VS 2019 Preview Installed. I uninstalled VAssistX and reinstalled it. I use version 10.9.2333.0 based on my subscription. When I load VS 2019 everything is fine. Sometimes, when I load VS 2019 Preview its ok, but many times, it shows I have VAssistX Version 10.9.2341.2 loaded, although I didn't install and I didn't run an upgrade. I felt there the software should be able to keep the VS 2019 versions separated since they are in different directories.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but the new version always comes back.

I've noticed in 16.3, when I load the program twice, the second one shows the VAssist version as 10.9.2341.2 for some reason.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bartlynn Posted - Oct 24 2019 : 2:54:24 PM
Its more over when I run 2 copies of visual studio. One copy is fine, but the second copy runs the newer version.

I will check that link and see what effect it has.
sean Posted - Oct 24 2019 : 1:58:38 PM
It sounds like you might be a victim of the Visual Studio auto-updating of extensions. This page describes the situation and how to prevent it from occurring: https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W426

You will need to disable auto-update in both environments since the settings are independent of each other.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000