Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Autocompletion placement off to left corner

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adam Thompson Posted - May 02 2019 : 4:24:25 PM
I am now getting the autocompletion drop down being positioned in the upper left hand corner of the VS 2019 editor. If I turn off Visual Assist, it shows where I am coding. When I turn VA back on, it is back up to the left-hand corner.

I tried uninstalling and installed an earlier version. Seemed to work. Then did the May 1 update and it is back.

Going to try to uninstall again and only go back one version. Tried to upload image but does not seem to be working.

Update:
Still an issue.

This started after I working on an issue in UE4 where I deleted the Binaries and Intermediate directories. I then inadvertently opened the 2019 sln in 2017.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 08 2019 : 08:29:36 AM
Are you still seeing this happen in VA 2333? It should have been fixed, so if you are still seeing it then the fix is incomplete.
Z01 Posted - May 08 2019 : 04:56:51 AM
FYI I have this problem in 2017 also, thank you for workaround.
sean Posted - May 07 2019 : 2:16:16 PM
case=139997 is fixed in build 2333
https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W404#2333
Adam Thompson Posted - May 06 2019 : 8:36:21 PM
Sorry for delay in replying...using 16.0.3 and thanks for the replies and the quick resolution.
sean Posted - May 04 2019 : 08:59:02 AM
update with a fix should ready this week.
Thomas Mountainborn Posted - May 04 2019 : 08:53:24 AM
I'm having the same issue. Thanks for the workaround, sean!
sean Posted - May 02 2019 : 6:24:32 PM
The problem is timing dependent and caused by changes to support async extension loading. case=139997

A workaround when it occurs, is to open another file and then return to the previous file (for example, alt+o, alt+left).
sean Posted - May 02 2019 : 5:38:46 PM
Are you using 16.0 or 16.1 Preview?
Adam Thompson Posted - May 02 2019 : 5:06:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Thompson

I am now getting the autocompletion drop down being positioned in the upper left hand corner of the VS 2019 editor. If I turn off Visual Assist, it shows where I am coding. When I turn VA back on, it is back up to the left-hand corner.

I tried uninstalling and installed an earlier version. Seemed to work. Then did the May 1 update and it is back.

Going to try to uninstall again and only go back one version. Tried to upload image but does not seem to be working.

Update:
Still an issue.

This started after I working on an issue in UE4 where I deleted the Binaries and Intermediate directories. I then inadvertently opened the 2019 sln in 2017.

Heh, it is working properly now.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000