Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 bug: parser error

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
omigamedev Posted - Jan 07 2019 : 08:26:25 AM
Hi I'm not sure when this happened but I recently discovered that the parser goes banana when I have some objective code in an #ifdef block that is not even defined. The block contains objective-c code with the inline block ^{etc... and all the objc style [[[]]] going on. Now all the functions containing these blocks don't get parsed correctly and I cannot see them in the searching for symbols or references, they totally get ignored which makes everything inconsistent and I cannot rely on the refactoring tools anymore.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 08 2019 : 10:49:48 AM
That does seem like the best solution for now. Hopefully you don't have to many blocks of Objective C code to extract.

Thank you for the bug report though, this has shown up a bug with our "ignore this and be happy" code, which is good to be aware of.
omigamedev Posted - Jan 08 2019 : 10:21:13 AM
Thanks for the answer, I will end up refactoring the code block into another objc file and replace the block with a clean function call.
I hope this will help you improve your awesome software.
Cheers.
feline Posted - Jan 08 2019 : 07:49:22 AM
Unfortunately in my testing __OBJC__ blocks help sometimes, but not with the test case I have generated based on the code in the picture here. I have put in a bug report for this, since it would be nice to have a better work around while we work towards more complete handling of inactive code blocks:

case=134623
sean Posted - Jan 07 2019 : 12:06:29 PM
I know that adding support for C++17 attributes caused problems for us when we encountered objective-c syntax in __OBJC__ blocks, so we ignore any __OBJC__ block (behavior changed in 2291/2291.5). We can add a similar change for __IOS__, but might that be too aggressive?

feline Posted - Jan 07 2019 : 12:06:02 PM
It's not very nice, but I have found a work around that fixes these problems, at least in my tests. I am replacing the IOS specific code with a macro, and having the macro expand to be the IOS specific code. So, taking a simple example, this code:

void testIOSOne()
{
#ifdef __IOS__
	[[PHPhotoLibrary sharedPhotoLibrary] performChanges:^{
	}
#endif
}

that is confusing VA, becomes instead:

#define IOS_MULTILINE_CODE 	[[PHPhotoLibrary sharedPhotoLibrary] performChanges:^{ 	}

void testIOSOne()
{
#ifdef __IOS__
	IOS_MULTILINE_CODE
#endif
}
feline Posted - Jan 07 2019 : 09:46:01 AM
The problem is happening because VA is designed to parse code inside #ifdef blocks, so we can help you with this code, and be active inside this code. However, this does assume that the code is valid C++ code, but since this is IOS specific, it is confusing our parser. We are looking to improve our understanding of which code is active and which code is inactive:

case=42316

for now though, would editing this code a bit be an option? I am wondering about fooling VA into ignoring this code.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000