Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VS 2019 preview support?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SvenC Posted - Dec 05 2018 : 02:33:09 AM
Hi,

will we see support for Visual Studio 2019 preview, which was released yesterday?

--
Sven
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Apr 19 2019 : 11:05:31 AM
case=132670 and case=112957 are fixed in build 2331
https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W404#2331
SvenC Posted - Dec 14 2018 : 03:27:10 AM
Great. I'll have a look how it works out.
sean Posted - Dec 13 2018 : 10:05:47 PM
Build 2302 has preliminary support for VS2019 Preview 1. We have continued to experience much difficulty with our automated testing.

Known issues at this time:
VA Step Filter does not work when `Load debug symbols in external process is enabled` (new VS feature, enabled by default);
yellow bar notification regarding extension at risk of not functioning in a future VS update;
changes expected in Preview 2 will almost certainly require another update of VA (build 2302 is unlikely to integrate properly with VC++ in Preview 2);
preview instability has greatly impacted our ability to test VA in it.
BenMedina Posted - Dec 07 2018 : 11:52:59 AM
Yes, can't wait for this. Resharper C++ has VS2019 support in their early access program, so I'll try that out in the meantime.
SvenC Posted - Dec 07 2018 : 02:19:28 AM
Thank you - looking forward to that.

Really miss my <alt>-m and <alt>-<shift>-F the most while coding in vs2019
sean Posted - Dec 06 2018 : 7:42:45 PM
We're still encountering issues with our automated testing. Once we have some confidence that most things are working we'll release an update with preliminary support.

Yes, the yellow bar is due to async load. VA has a number of Packages that have been ported to AsyncPackage over the last year, but there is one remaining that we should wrap up during the Preview 1 timeframe.
SvenC Posted - Dec 06 2018 : 02:47:54 AM
I extracted the vsix and tweaked the supported version range to check myself :-)

Was installed but could not enable VAX. Almost all VAX menus were disabled - so it seems you need to tweak a bit more. Would love to beta test the current state you have.

I think the yellow bar is coming up as the extensions are supposed to implement async load to keep supported in the next update to VS like 16.1
sean Posted - Dec 05 2018 : 11:54:43 AM
We got access to it at the same time as all other users. We are testing to see what works and what is broken. We know right now that VA Step Filter does not work with the new external symbol debugging feature (which is enabled by default).

Preliminary/preview support for vs2019 is case=132624.
Broken Step Filter is case=132670.
Yellow warning bar re: extension at risk of not functioning in future VS update is case=112957.
feline Posted - Dec 05 2018 : 08:25:21 AM
It will come, but until it is ready it is tricky to estimate how long it will take. This partly depends on how quickly Microsoft makes changes to 2019, and how big those changes are.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000