Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 in C# \n suposed to be coloured?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jynks Posted - Dec 01 2018 : 7:53:39 PM
Console.WriteLine("This is a test\nShould this line break be coloured?\nAs it would be a lot easier to read");

So in the above code.. all the \n stuff are coloured the same as the string itself. I was wondering is that is working as intended or if there is something wrong? If not.. is there a way ot make these things coloured?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 03 2018 : 2:40:53 PM
It makes sense that some editors do this, but no, it's not something that either VA or the IDE tries to do.
Jynks Posted - Dec 02 2018 : 8:33:55 PM
cool... yeah.. thanks I knew of that. Though you are right I am a beginner. I was just curious if it was supposed to be like that or if there was a error or something. As the / stuff was coloured in my last editing package is all.

Thanks for the reply.
feline Posted - Dec 02 2018 : 08:18:21 AM
This is working as intended. Once you start looking at more complex escape sequences, let alone regular expressions, this quickly becomes a bit tricky.

Are you aware of literal strings in C#? You can replace this line with the code:

Console.WriteLine(@"This is a test
Should this line break be coloured?
As it would be a lot easier to read");

which makes it a lot easier to read and edit, and is still valid code.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000