Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Source Links error with Jira plug-in

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mvolkar Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:00:30 PM
I recently installed build 2283.1 and am trying to configure Source Links for use with Jira. I have enabled and configured the plug-in and the links are showing up as expected in the source code. However, hovering over a link shows simply "Error: Jira plugin encountered an unexpected problem." If I double-click on a link, it does open correctly in a browser, so I think I have everything configured properly.

How do I further troubleshoot this issue?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 3:27:02 PM
Great, thanks for the confirmation.
mvolkar Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:51:03 PM
Thank you, I can confirm that your workaround of using Number instead of String appears to work.
sean Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:36:37 PM
I've opened case=118037 to adjust behavior of capture when Value is set to String -- hopefully we can prevent capture of terminating punctuation without breaking anything.
sean Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:27:46 PM
If your issue identifiers use only digits, then in the link definition, you can change the Value dropdown from String to Number. That addresses the problem in my tests.
mvolkar Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:25:02 PM
No problem. Thank you for your assistance.
sean Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:24:20 PM
Sorry, I misread what you found. We will investigate what you reported.
sean Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:22:17 PM
In the VA Options dialog, for your Jira link definition, is colon listed in the Suffixes box? If not, add it. Does that fix the other links?
mvolkar Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:19:53 PM
Actually, I just randomly ran across one issue link where the hover did work. The difference was that most had a colon following the issue key (e.g., CTRL-16513: Blah) and this one did not (e.g., CTRL-28598). Most of our code uses a colon between the issue key and the rest of the comment, so that's why it appeared to me that this was never working. Since there doesn't currently seem like any further configurability, I'm still going to need help in trying to solve this.
sean Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 2:19:40 PM
Sorry, that's a generic error message for exceptions that we did not encounter while developing the plugin. We will have to send an updated dll with additional error reporting to find out what is going on. Can you please send mail to [email protected] referencing TOPIC_ID=15275 to open a support case and so that we can get your contact info?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000