Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA was messed with my code.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kilitary Posted - Jul 14 2018 : 6:00:34 PM
Hi,
Look this pic: http://prntscr.com/k6iss8
The issues are:

1) on the left you see there is sequence of function calls, where half of it highlighted like variables (in orange), but should be blue.
2) in the VA Outline on the right you see that code was messed.
3) many functions is not found by Find symbol, same with variables.
I tryed turning off multithreading, rebuilted the databse, nothing happens.
My configuration is VS Community 2017 with VA version 10.9.2270.0 built 2018.04.30

I can open access to my code if this needed.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 24 2018 : 2:25:08 PM
case=98335 is fixed in build 2291.
kilitary Posted - Jul 17 2018 : 05:43:53 AM
thank you for your good support. at now i do not have any problems with VA
feline Posted - Jul 17 2018 : 05:19:15 AM
Thank you for the update, we are looking to improve interpolated string handling fairly soon, but it is good that you have a work around for now.

How many of the problems are you still seeing? I hope this has fixed most, if not all of the problems, but if there are any problems still showing up it would be good to look at them.
kilitary Posted - Jul 16 2018 : 3:39:38 PM
i temp fixed it here in the class by using bool variable outside interpolated string.
feline Posted - Jul 16 2018 : 3:15:40 PM
Thank you for these sample strings, I am seeing the same problem here. VA does not yet fully understand / support interpolated strings, which is what you are using here. I have put these examples onto the case, so we can test them as we work on this:

case=98335

Is placing the problem string into a separate class an option? Based on my tests here the follow on problems from a string we don't understand tend to be limited to just the current class. So this might be a way of limiting the effects.
kilitary Posted - Jul 16 2018 : 12:24:21 PM
thank you for reply, i've found this string. looks like using (?:) in curly brackets in string doing that mess.

log($"=> Buy {buyProbability.ToString("0.0000").PadLeft(7)} Sell {sellProbability.ToString("0.0000").PadLeft(7)}" +
				$" Diff {diffProbability.ToString("0.0000").PadLeft(7)} " +
				$"{(stableTrendBar > 0 ? $"Stable {stableTrendBar}" : $"Unstable  {unstableTrendBar}")}", "debug");

But i found another code that is not messing:

ObjectSetText(labelID, "[" + (isTrendStable ? "STABLE" : "UNSTABLE") +
				$" {(isTrendStable ? stableTrendBar : unstableTrendBar)}" +
				$" : {diffProbability.ToString("0.00")}]", 17, "liberation mono",
				isTrendStable ? Color.DarkSeaGreen : Color.Red);
feline Posted - Jul 16 2018 : 10:56:58 AM
It looks like there is something in the file that is confusing our parser. I am guessing a literal or raw string that contains curly brackets and possibly new lines. Everything after this string is going to be a bit confused, since our parser has lost its sense of what is going on.

Is there anything like this in the "start()" function? Or in the following function? If so, can you please try commenting out this string and see if it fixes some of the problems? If it does, could you post the problem string here, so I can try to reproduce the problem here?

Are the missing functions all in this file, or are they in different files as well? If you have one string that is confusing us you might have several such strings.

Fixing this may help with the function calls being the wrong colour, but we won't know until we try.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000