Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VsVim split screen + Find all references

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AndyC Posted - Jun 27 2018 : 02:53:05 AM
Hey all,

Currently running into a problem using VSVim and Visual assist where I can no longer use "Find All References" after opening a split screen with the ':vs' command.

The error I get is that 'Find References is not available because the symbol is unrecognized'.

Visual Studio Version: 2012.
Visual Assist Version: 10.9.2248.0
VSVim version: 2.5

The steps to reproduce are:
1) Open file in Visual Studio
2) Verify find references are working.
3) Split the screen through the ':vs' command.
4) Check find references again.

The same occurs with ':split' but only after quitting from one of the windows.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 03 2018 : 06:52:02 AM
At a wild guess, you had or have a mapping in your .vimrc file for ":vs". It's years since I have played properly with a .vimrc file, but if memory serves correctly this is the sort of thing you could fairly easily do. If so, changing what this command triggers should help.
accord Posted - Jun 30 2018 : 01:52:49 AM
Wow. I'm happy that it's working for you now that you trigger the split in a different way
AndyC Posted - Jun 28 2018 : 01:58:41 AM
That is, a little weird. I've nearly always been using the :vs command with VsVim but as you say, it's not in the support feature list.
<C-w>v and <C-w>s are supported, which do the same splitting but they actually seem to work with visual assist.

I can only assume that I have some vim setting somewhere which is doing some sillyness, but I don't think this is a visual assist problem.

Thanks for the quick response :)
accord Posted - Jun 27 2018 : 9:51:43 PM
What do you mean by ':vs' command in step #3? I'm not familiar with VsVim.
I've installed VsVim for VS2012. Command Window says Command ":vs" is not valid. I also cannot enter :vs in command mode of VsVim and I couldn't find it in this list:
https://github.com/jaredpar/VsVim/blob/master/Documentation/Supported%20Features.md

I figured I get go to command mode by pressing ESC.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000