Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA doesn't recognize implicit conversion operators

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nholthaus Posted - Jan 26 2018 : 1:28:36 PM
When opening the refactor menu on an implicit conversion operator in a class such as:

`operator int() const;`

There is no option to "create implementation" or "add similar member". It doesn't look like visual assist is recognizing the operators as member functions?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 29 2018 : 12:24:50 PM
I wondered if this was the case. For "int()" it makes sense, but when you get onto other operators, especially brackets, then where do you place the caret?
nholthaus Posted - Jan 29 2018 : 11:25:59 AM
Aha. I've been placing the caret over the `int()` portion like I would do for member function definitions. It works when I highlight operator.

Thanks!
feline Posted - Jan 27 2018 : 10:35:11 AM
Which IDE and version of VA are you using?

When you are testing this, where are you placing the caret? Which symbol are you using as the "function name"? For me, this works as expected when I place the caret into "operator" and trigger the refactoring context menu.

Since operator overloaded functions are a slightly special case, triggering on thee operator keyword is what we have settled on for a reliable approach.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000