Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Code Inspection bug

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jschroedl Posted - Jun 28 2017 : 11:25:44 AM
The dtor of this class is flagged as one which could be replaced with '= default' in the Code Inspection window but that's incorrect. (VA Build 10.9.2223.0 built 2017.06.22)

// Class to log peformance times
class LogTimer
{
public:
	LogTimer(JString msg=JString::empty())
	{ 
		mStart = std::chrono::high_resolution_clock::now();
		mMsg = msg;
	}
	~LogTimer()
	{
		*logStream() << NEWLINE << mMsg << std::chrono::duration<double, std::milli>(std::chrono::high_resolution_clock::now() - mStart).count();
	}
private:
	std::chrono::steady_clock::time_point mStart;
	JString mMsg;
};

John
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 26 2017 : 10:59:07 PM
case=109725 is fixed in build 2235
feline Posted - Jul 15 2017 : 07:52:53 AM
That was it, this compiles just fine in VS2015 in a Win32 project. My main test solution is a bit of a mess, for testing different things, but it does compile, just

case=109725

Thank you for the very simple and clear example, and the pointer on how to get this to compile.
jschroedl Posted - Jul 14 2017 : 5:11:03 PM
This compiles in VS 2017, you are probably missing the usual Windows headers. For us, these are included as part of the PCH in stdafx.cpp.

CoInitialize:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms678543 v=vs.85 .aspx
feline Posted - Jul 14 2017 : 1:33:52 PM
I am seeing the same result, but a very simple test class doing the same thing on the constructor is handled correctly by Code Inspection, I am not offered the option to replace the constructor body with = default.

So there is something different about this example. But what really confuses me is that this example, before Code Inspection changes it, does not compile in VS2015. I am getting the error:

error C3861: 'CoInitialize': identifier not found

on the constructor. There is an operator to convert the class to a HRESULT, so I am not sure why this is failing to compile, but it is failing. When I change the constructor m_hr initialisation into something that does compile for me, Code Inspection no longer suggests it can be replaced with = default.

Just to make sure I am not missing something new I have tried VS2017, and again the code fails to compile, with the same error.

Does this sample compile for you?
jschroedl Posted - Jul 14 2017 : 11:26:55 AM
I ran into another case of this today but it also adds a QF suggestion on the ctor (solid underline) which when applied will be invalid code.

class CCoInitialize {
	HRESULT m_hr;

public:
	CCoInitialize() : m_hr(CoInitialize(nullptr)) {};
	~CCoInitialize() { if (SUCCEEDED(m_hr)) CoUninitialize(); }
	operator HRESULT() const { return m_hr; }
};

If I use the Quick Fix for the ctor (dtor has same bad suggestion as this thread showed before), the ctor is now not legal:

CCoInitialize() : m_hr(CoInitialize(nullptr)) = default;;
feline Posted - Jun 29 2017 : 10:29:13 AM
Thank you for the update, at least this way the quick fix cannot be accidentally triggered. That would have converted this from concerning to quite worrying.
jschroedl Posted - Jun 29 2017 : 09:55:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=109256

On your system, is Code Inspector offering to do a quick fix for the destructor? I get the same suggestion here, but no quick fix is offered, so I am just wondering if you are seeing the same thing.

No, it does not offer a quick fix for me either.
feline Posted - Jun 28 2017 : 3:52:15 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=109256

On your system, is Code Inspector offering to do a quick fix for the destructor? I get the same suggestion here, but no quick fix is offered, so I am just wondering if you are seeing the same thing.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000