Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Specified cast is not valid

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fschoenm Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 07:00:17 AM
Since installing the latest version (build 2219) of Visual Assist, I get the above error message in most of my solution's project:

2>Specified cast is not valid.
2>Error: Specified cast is not valid.

Unfortunately, increasing the log verbosity to diagnostic does not show any more details about what's wrong.

Going back to build 2217 seems to solve that issue.

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 Professional.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jun 22 2017 : 5:41:09 PM
Build 2223 restores behavior to that of build 2217.
sean Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 2:50:56 PM
It looks like the fix for case=104119 is causing this. We'll have an update this week. We used the version info to enable some behavior for 15.3 but we can't assume that a Microsoft fix in version X is available in version X+1.
fschoenm Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 09:22:21 AM
Most were created in earlier versions of the IDE, but all of them have been converted to 2017.
feline Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 09:19:11 AM
Were these projects created in an earlier version of the IDE, or were they created in VS2017? If an earlier version, have they been converted to VS2017 format, or are they still in an earlier format?
fschoenm Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 09:08:02 AM
All projects are in C++.
feline Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 08:58:27 AM
What language or languages does your solution use?

I am wondering why this fix did not work correctly for you, and looking for some clues.
fschoenm Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 08:36:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

Can you please try disabling the below setting to see if it helps?

Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Experimental -> Enable Faster Project Load

We had a similar issue in the past which should be fixed now and it was related to this option.

This seems to be it. Disabling this option and restarting Visual Studio lets me build my projects again.

quote:

Also, which exact version of VS2017 are you using?
You can use Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio to find it out. On the left I see Version 15.2
What is yours?

I run the latest released VS2017 version, i.e. 15.2 (26430.13).
accord Posted - Jun 19 2017 : 07:33:09 AM
Can you please try disabling the below setting to see if it helps?

Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Experimental -> Enable Faster Project Load

We had a similar issue in the past which should be fixed now and it was related to this option.

Also, which exact version of VS2017 are you using?
You can use Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio to find it out. On the left I see Version 15.2
What is yours?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000