Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 JavaScript Project not loading

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
azur Posted - Aug 17 2016 : 03:49:25 AM
If I want to load a JavaScript-Project in Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 the Application hang.

I can workaround like this:
1.) load some C++-Project
2.) disable VA
3.) load a JavaScript-Project

If I close the Visual Studio I have repeat the Steps 1-3 because the VA is automatically enabled during Visual Studio-Startup

Here are the Version-Informations:
* Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Version 14.0.25425.01 Update 3
* VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2108.0 built 2016.08.01

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 17 2016 : 2:49:24 PM
This ended up being case=99166.
case=99166 is fixed in build 2112.
ChrisG Posted - Aug 18 2016 : 06:49:13 AM
I'm happy to help.

What other plugins do you have installed besides Visual Assist? If you have several, the easiest way to get a list of them is to use (Help | About Microsoft Visual Studio | Copy Info).

Would you mind collecting a mini-dump of the hang?

The entire process is described here:
https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W303

You can submit the dump using the following form:
http://wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please put TOPIC_ID=12731 somewhere in the subject. The form can handle large files.
azur Posted - Aug 18 2016 : 03:36:19 AM
Hallo Chris,

* What happens if you re-enable Visual Assist after successfully opening the JavaScript project?
--> everthing in the JavaScript-Project works fine

* If you disable Visual Assist in the (Tools | Extensions and Updates) menu, can you open JavaScript projects normally?
--> Yes. No problem.

* Can you reproduce the issue when opening a new default WinJS App?
--> Yes. It's the same behaviour.

* How long has this been happening that you can remember (was it updating Visual Assist, for example)?
--> Can't say. I use the JavaScript-Projects in VS since 2 months. But I can tell that the same issue was (for me) in the previous VA-Version

Here are, maybe, a hint for you: During JS-Project loading the statusbar say "VA: Loading system symbols...". In the two DropList's below the File-Tabs (Container and Methodes - came from VS) I can read "(refreshing...)".
If I loaded the JS-Project and reenable Visual Assist some times the two DropList's from VA are identically with the two from VS. After hovering with the mouse over the VA-DropList's the are changing to the real VA-DropLists.

Thank you for working on this issue, Axel
ChrisG Posted - Aug 17 2016 : 10:53:52 AM
Hello Azur,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

- What happens if you re-enable Visual Assist after successfully opening the JavaScript project?

- If you disable Visual Assist in the (Tools | Extensions and Updates) menu, can you open JavaScript projects normally?

- Can you reproduce the issue when opening a new default WinJS App?

- How long has this been happening that you can remember (was it updating Visual Assist, for example)?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000