Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 C++: Enum value is undefined, but it is.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tom_mai78101 Posted - Jun 07 2016 : 10:56:12 PM
Product Info:

VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2098.0 built 2016.05.12
DevEnv.exe version 14.0.25123.0 Community
msenv.dll version 14.0.25123.0
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.10586.0
Windows 10 10.0 Build 10586.318
4 processors (x86-64, WOW64)
Language info: 1252, 0x409

Top right shows the enum value defined in "3ds.h", a public C library for writing up programs.

The bottom shows the error message, saying the enum value is undefined.

May I ask what is going on? I can't seem to fix this issue, no matter how many times I added the header to the include paths.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I am starting to think it is not Visual Assist, and it may be Visual Studio's IntelliSense being buggy...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 08 2016 : 10:41:08 AM
Thank you for the update, and I am glad you have found a solution. The dividing line between VA and the IDE is often quite subtle, by design, so its not always clear who is causing a problem or unexpected result. So it made sense to ask here
tom_mai78101 Posted - Jun 08 2016 : 02:21:48 AM
Alright, I solved my problem.

In short, it is because of a "subtle" difference between C and C++ that causes me to not been able to track down why it was giving me an error:

This is Stack Overflow's answer to this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22412848/identifier-enum-is-undefined

The library header file needs to have gfxScreen_t labeled TWICE when typedefining an enum. To fix this, I need to either add a second "gfxScreen_t", or specify an enum identifier in my source code.

That's all. Sorry for your time.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000