Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Complex macros confuse VA

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tjcbs Posted - Jul 09 2015 : 04:07:09 AM
I wrote a macro I use to perform an action every given time interval:

#define DO_ONLY_EVERY_SEC(every_sec) DO_ONLY_EVERY_SEC_LBL(every_sec, def)
#define DO_ONLY_EVERY_SEC_LBL(every_sec, lbl)             \   static float nextT##lbl  = 0.f;                        \   bool _bDo##lbl = (GetCurrentTime() > nextT##lbl);      \   if (_bDo##lbl)                                         \      nextT##lbl = GetCurrentTime() + every_sec;          \   if (_bDo##lbl)

This doesn't work well with VA; variables introduced inside the scope of the macro aren't recognized, and are often underlined.

For instance,
DO_ONLY_EVERY_SEC(1.f)
{
   static int test = 0; 
   tes         
}

Generates no suggestion box.

If I comment out the
DO_ONLY_EVERY_SEC(1.f)

then "test" is suggested when I type "t" or "te".

vs2013, VA 10.9.2068.0
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Jul 22 2015 : 6:28:00 PM
I have investigated this and I was able to reproduce the problem here:

case=90999

Also, I have found an another workaround for this. I you use "No" for LimitMacro insead of "NoDepthLimit" (as described at the below link) the suggestion listbox works for me.
http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W363

tjcbs Posted - Jul 21 2015 : 10:41:09 PM
I haven't tried this yet, but is there a bug number on this? This doesn't sound like a great workaround.
accord Posted - Jul 15 2015 : 9:13:42 PM
Can you please revert your registry key settings and create a new file called va_stdafx.h next to your solution as a workaround? Please paste the following to this file:

#define DO_ONLY_EVERY_SEC(every_sec) DO_ONLY_EVERY_SEC_LBL(every_sec, def) \   static float nextT##lbl  = 0.f;                        \   bool _bDo##lbl = (GetCurrentTime() > nextT##lbl);      \   if (_bDo##lbl)                                         \      nextT##lbl = GetCurrentTime() + every_sec;          \   if (_bDo##lbl)
// comment to make sure there is an EOL after the last line

Trigger a symbol database rebuild:
VA Options -> Performance -> Rebuild
tjcbs Posted - Jul 15 2015 : 03:55:40 AM
This "fixes" it, a little. It is hard to give precise reproduction steps, but if you play with the example a little, you will see that even with the regedits it works only occasionally.
accord Posted - Jul 10 2015 : 7:42:31 PM
Can you please try whether enabling recursive macro parsing helps:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W363

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000