Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Show class derivates tree / Inheritance hierarchy

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rico Posted - Nov 26 2014 : 08:03:45 AM
It would be great to have with VAX a way to see from a selected class which classes inherit from it (i.e which classes are a derivate of it) or (but less interesting) from which class it derivate.

This could be shown as a tree (i.e which classes are a derivate of a derivate of the class and so on ...)

This is partially available in the Class Viewer of Visual but unfortunately it does not work well (at least with VS2008), typically for example if inheritance is done among several projects.

Also, generating such information from a right click or keyboard shortcut while the caret is on a class name would lead to big productivity in my opinion.

As an example, Eclipse (That I had to use in a previous life but no more) works quite well regarding this feature.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Dec 01 2014 : 3:20:23 PM
It is something we will consider.
rico Posted - Nov 28 2014 : 12:33:44 PM
Well Why not allowing to pick 2 commands, one on Ctrl+click and a second one on ctrl+Shift+click
Because sometime we may want a command and at other moment an other one.
Typically "Go" and "Go Related".
sean Posted - Nov 27 2014 : 2:02:35 PM
re: Goto Related, our current plan is to allow you to pick the command to run on ctrl+click. case=85940
rico Posted - Nov 27 2014 : 1:33:12 PM
Yes, a tree view could be a different "tool" and not part of the Goto Related.

Also, it would be nice to have a "Goto Related" shortcut with the mouse (like the Goto one i.e. <Ctrl + Right-Click>).
It could be <Ctrl + Shift + Right-Click>
sean Posted - Nov 26 2014 : 1:30:04 PM
The Goto Related UI would become a bit unwieldy to support navigation within itself (since it would require numerous layers of sub-menus and would make navigation to source more cumbersome). We do have a request for a more traditional tree view or inheritance graph: case=6647
rico Posted - Nov 26 2014 : 10:49:59 AM
Well, indeed no.

Then I just tried it now and actually it answers in some way to the problematic I was talking about.

The only remaining point is about the tree allowing to navigate from derivates to derivates but this is more a nice to have.

Thank you for your reply, it helped.

sean Posted - Nov 26 2014 : 10:26:07 AM
Have you tried Goto Related?
http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W478

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000