Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VS2013 -- No menu appears after installation

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aardvarkk Posted - Nov 01 2014 : 9:34:56 PM
It looks like this happens across multiple versions of VS from these forums. I'm using Visual Studio Express 2013. I'm trying tho latest trial (VA_X_Setup2048.exe), and the installation seems to go ahead properly. After restarting VS, though, no menus appear and there's no sign that anything has changed at all. Would love some guidance here. I've tried going Enabling/Disabling "Load per user extensions..." but that did nothing.

Thanks for any help!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Nov 14 2014 : 12:10:02 PM
Visual Studio Community 2013 supports extensions:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx
feline Posted - Nov 02 2014 : 11:36:31 AM
Did you download and use the exe installer, or the VSIX installer? We may be able to detect this with the exe installer, but not the VSIX installer.

Apologies for this, but this is a restriction that Microsoft introduced, it is not one we chose to add.
aardvarkk Posted - Nov 01 2014 : 9:43:31 PM
I found the answer here: http://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W291

Two suggestions:

1. Make it more obvious on your website which versions of VS are supported before downloading.
2. Don't let the install succeed if the user installs for an unsupported version of VS. I shouldn't have to wander through the forums to try to figure out why the installation succeeded but nothing shows up. Throw an error during the install and let me know what's going on!

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000