Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Snippet dialog on inactive display

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Queequeg Posted - Jul 01 2014 : 07:18:03 AM
I just killed and restarted VS a couple times because I thought VA deadlocked or something when I opened the snippet dialog. Turns out I just couldn't see the (modal!) dialog. When I hit Win+<Left Arrow> the dialog would toggle between left half of the screen, right half, and invisible. Anyways, invisible modal dialogs are evil.

I recently stopped using my second monitor. I probably had the dialog on the second display. Might be a Windows 7 bug though.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:40:41 AM
case=83162 is fixed in build 2047
Dusan Posted - Jul 02 2014 : 08:23:01 AM
Workaround is to delete following key from registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VATE\\Autotext Dialog\\WindowPlacement

Note that key must be deleted before dialog is opened.
This setting is then recreated with new position when dialog closes.
Queequeg Posted - Jul 02 2014 : 02:03:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

if you see something like this

Well, the problem is that you don't see anything. :) I didn't even realize that the dialog was there, I thought VS or VA was stuck initializing it.

Thank you for the fix.
feline Posted - Jul 01 2014 : 8:46:32 PM
Apologies for this. This should have been fixed internally, and the fix should appear in the next build:

case=83162

For now, if you see something like this happen again, Escape should fix the problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000