Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Change signature messes up curly brace tabs

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrDoomMaster Posted - Apr 08 2014 : 09:12:36 AM
On build 2029 using Visual Studio 2008, when I "Change Signature" on a member function of a class, the definition in the CPP file gets skewed a bit. The opening curly brace of the function gets shifted all the way to the left, losing the tabs it had. I use 3 spaces per tab. Here is an example:

// Header File
namespace Stuff
{
   class Foo
   {
      public:
         void DoStuff(int number);
   }
}

// In CPP file
namespace Stuff
{
   void Foo::DoStuff(int number)
   {
   }
}

And after I change signature to add another parameter, this is what it looks like in the CPP file:

// In CPP file
namespace Stuff
{
   void Foo::DoStuff(int number, int second)
{
   }
}

Notice how the first curly brace is not tabbed over like it should be. This is a regression, as it didn't used to do this in earlier builds. This problem becomes even worse when I change signature on a base interface and it alters all subclass versions as well, all of those curly braces get messed up too.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - May 23 2014 : 2:54:00 PM
Sorry. The case=5758 regression is fixed in build 2036.
feline Posted - May 17 2014 : 4:32:00 PM
I am seeing the same problem with VA 2031, thank you for the update. We have done some more work on Change Signature since, and this should be fixed in the next build, which we are hoping to post fairly soon.
MrDoomMaster Posted - May 15 2014 : 08:43:51 AM
Build 2031 states this is fixed in the release notes but I am still able to reproduce this issue.

EDIT

To be clear, I was reading:

quote:
Fixed Change Signature failure to update references when a new parameter is specified with trailing whitespace before closing paren. (case=80605) 11782

This doesn't seem to be exactly the same issue, but close. This issue is specific to the *opening* param. Perhaps you could clarify?
feline Posted - Apr 11 2014 : 1:55:09 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description. Apologies for this, I suspect this was broken when making some changes to improve how Change Signature handles formatting in the last couple of builds:

case=5758

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000