Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX doesn't recognize C++11 enum syntax w/o class

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Myria Posted - Jan 20 2014 : 04:00:01 AM
Visual Assist X doesn't recognize C++11's new enum syntax if you specify an underlying type but do not specify a strong type name. In other words, a weakly-typed enum with an underlying type that is not necessarily "int".

This is an example snippet that Visual Assist X doesn't understand:

enum : short
{
	WHATEVER = 4,
};

As a result, using WHATEVER in later code won't get the correct coloring. "WHATEVER" will appear as a color that as far as I've seen you can't trigger any other way with VAX installed - IntelliSense recognizes this syntax correctly, and highlights it as an enum, but VAX doesn't, so IntelliSense's color choice shows through.

Additionally, Alt-G doesn't work, but IntelliSense's F12 does.

IntelliSense isn't perfect in its parsing, either. I just reported this bug in Visual Studio:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/814123/intellisense-does-not-parse-enums-with-decltype-in-the-underlying-type

That case is handled by VAX...if you use the "enum class" syntax, which works fine.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AstaDan Posted - Mar 09 2017 : 04:04:08 AM
Thank you
sean Posted - Mar 09 2017 : 12:11:40 AM
case=62046 is fixed in build 2210.
accord Posted - Dec 13 2016 : 7:16:29 PM
No, this is still on our list of things to do unfortunately.
Myria Posted - Dec 13 2016 : 6:34:45 PM
Has this bug been fixed? My computer's copy of the license is expired, and I was wondering whether it's worth the IT ticket to update VAX.

(Our license is current, it's just that we have to update it on each computer manually.)
sean Posted - Jan 20 2014 : 11:38:03 AM
Thank you for the report; I am able to repro. case=62046

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000