Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1626: "Create Declaration" for class in namespace

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
o2a Posted - Mar 31 2008 : 10:45:45 AM
Hi,

there is a small bug with "Create Declaration" for classes in namespaces:

namespace TestSpace
{
	class TestClass
	{
		// void TestClass::test1();
		// void test2();
		// void test3();
	};

void TestClass::test1()	{}
	void TestSpace::TestClass::test2()	{}
}
void TestSpace::TestClass::test3()	{}

If you try "Create Declaration" on the above implementations of member functions, the result is as in the comments. I would consider the 'TestClass::' qualifier in front of the declaration of 'test1()' superfluous, even if it seems to be correct syntax. As you can see, this behaviour depends on the use of the full qualified identifier for the implementation.

Furthermore the other way around the "Create Implementation" option of VAX is disabled if you try it on the excessively qualified 'test1()' declaration which is unexpected too.

And last but not least it would be great to have an option to control the "target" of "Create Implementation", i.e. if the implementation should be created inside the class'es namespace without extra qualifier (like 'test1()') or outside the namespace with full qualification (like 'test3()'). The second option is the only available behaviour for current versions of VAX.

And before I forget to mention it (although I think this has been discussed before): Please don't forget that bug where a suggestion is added after the abbreviation instead of replacing it.
(e.g. newMa| -> suggestion: newMarker -> result after accepting: newManewMarker)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Sep 25 2013 : 4:39:18 PM
case=6593 nested namespace issue is fixed in build 2001.
support Posted - Jun 03 2013 : 2:04:57 PM
case=6593 is fixed in build 1940
o2a Posted - Apr 03 2008 : 08:10:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline
The problems with suggestions being appended, are you seeing this often? Can you reproduce it on demand?

Not that often, but quite persistent if it happens. Can't reproduce it right now, and can't remember where exactly I've seen it the last time. I'll take a closer look if it happens the next time.
feline Posted - Apr 02 2008 : 7:23:54 PM
I am seeing the same effect here with Create Declaration. Thank you for the clear description.

case=6593

The problems with suggestions being appended, are you seeing this often? Can you reproduce it on demand?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000