Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 List of Methods in File with operator()

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GKarRacer Posted - Sep 28 2011 : 2:34:31 PM
The "list of methods in current file" drop-down doesn't differentiate between overloaded operator methods:

For example given this sample class:
struct sample
{
	double operator()( double d ) const
	{
		return(d);
	}
	int operator()( int i ) const
	{
		return(i);
	}
	char operator()( char c ) const
	{
		return(c);
	}
	double afunction( double f ) const
	{
		return(f);
	}
	int afunction( int i ) const
	{
		return(i);
	}
};

As you can see from the picture below the named functions show the parameters so you can easily differentiate between them, but the overload operator() functions do not.

I suspect this is probably due from assuming that the parenthesis in the operator signature are an empty parameter list.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GKarRacer Posted - Apr 18 2013 : 5:36:39 PM
Awesome. Thanks, guys. This helps a lot.
support Posted - Feb 25 2013 : 12:25:23 PM
case=61650 is fixed in build 1929
sean Posted - Jan 15 2013 : 10:51:26 AM
find ctors and dtors by typing .<classname> or .~<classname>.
feline Posted - Jan 15 2013 : 10:49:20 AM
Putting the constructors and the destructor first is an interesting idea, I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of it:

case=71805

For now, have you tried setting VA to show the Alt-m list in occurrence order, rather than alphabetical order? This is set in the VA Options -> Display tab.

This way the constructors and destructor will normally be at the top of the list, since they are normally placed at the start of the class.

Personally I prefer this, since the ordering of the functions in the class normally has some meaning and pattern to me
GKarRacer Posted - Jan 09 2013 : 2:05:15 PM
I also have a related suggestion. It'd be nice if the constructors and destructor functions (if present) of a class are sorted at the beginning of the class group. Right now everything is sorted alphabetically, which, of course, makes sense. But, for constructors and destructors it would be quicker to find them if they are at the top of that class group. I always think of them as special functions that are almost always located at the start of a class definition as opposed to regular functions that just happen to have the same name as the class. As a result I often end up looking for them at the top of the list just to find, of course, that they are buried somewhere in the long list.

This may be, admittedly, a little difficult, but I think it's a useful suggestion. If you don't want to do it, I'll manage.
GKarRacer Posted - Jan 08 2013 : 6:05:27 PM
Also duplicated in the List methods in current files list are const vs non-const functions.

For example:

I use this drop-down a lot. It becomes annoying fast when there are several versions of a method with no way of knowing which one is which until you click on it.

Any chance of this getting updated soon?
accord Posted - Sep 29 2011 : 8:15:30 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=61650

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000