Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 A advice about [ListMethodsInCurFile]

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 22 2012 : 7:40:22 PM
First-?-?It's such a awesome feature and I do like it so much.
And sometims I encounter such a situation:
The cpp has so many member-function located.
And some function name like Do(),Ev()...H(),such function-name with only few letters.
Because this method is so short and it's letters is so common ,and almost every method name contain it.
So when I want to locate the method e.g H() ,when I use [ListMethodsInCurFile] and Type -?-?H-?-?.
so many methods list!
so I need to find it by my eyes ,one by one.

I think VA may deal with this kind of problem.
For example:
(1)notation "<2 H " means the function-name length must <2 and contain "H" can match.
(2)notation "$ H" means "whole word match"
or better solution your team can take it out.
But is really make-sense.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Dec 20 2012 : 6:49:55 PM
I have reopened case=70850 and explained the situation in a comment to see what the developers make of it.
jzq740176597 Posted - Dec 18 2012 : 6:59:02 PM
I have updated to VA 1925.And Have tried the "include scope"
quote:
This feature is controlled via the "Include scope" context menu item

But I think when viewing the member_list Also need the "scope" even I want to just ignore the "scope" for filter!
(1)Because We Have Accustomed to the original form,And the member with scope is more near to the actual proterotype.
(2)when I filter out few members when ignore the scope.May they are similar or same name. I need to refer the scope to determine which I really want.

In one word.I think THE include scope option should only efffect the filter don't impact the appearance!

Regards
support Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 11:29:07 PM
case=70850 is implemented in build 1925. This feature is controlled via the "Include scope" context menu item, available when right-clicking within the Alt+M dropdown.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 27 2012 : 02:18:10 AM
quote:
The dot is useful when filtering by the class or namespace name, since some users have more than one class, or more than one namespace in the same file.

Exact!
So my advice can deal with the situation when has many classes and we don't remember the class'a name or we just concern on the method name.In one word,We need a method to filter out the class-name;

quote:
Are you aware you can have the Alt-m list sorted in Alphabetical order? This might help slightly.

Yes! of course.But never use like that.Because I Accustomed to the methods list on the postion order.

Finally,thanks very much for your feature request.
Best wishes!
feline Posted - Nov 26 2012 : 10:36:06 PM
The dot is useful when filtering by the class or namespace name, since some users have more than one class, or more than one namespace in the same file.

Are you aware you can have the Alt-m list sorted in Alphabetical order? This might help slightly.

I have put in a feature request to filter out the class name from the Alt-m list, since this looks like the simplest and most reliable solution here:

case=70850
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 23 2012 : 10:38:38 PM
(1)I have tried to type ".a" to filter the member-function.
I don't know the "." function before,thank you!
(2)
quote:
....removing the class name will actually make finding these functions harder.

Yes.you are right.I ignore the class-name sometimes may also be used as the filter-condition.
(3) Like you said,some times I don't know or remember the actual whole name of member-function.
Even I just remember a few letters of function and don't ensure the which letter close to "(" ,which letter succeeding "."and the letter's order.
So many times , I need first search and find the method and then locate to it.

double BeamInsCal::Aw2()const{
double BeamInsCal::A_e2()const{
double BeamInsCal::e_m2()const{
double BeamInsCal::re_m()const{
Etc.
Now I need find and locate re_m(),I only know the function contain an "e" and a "m" ,not sure that "e" is the first as ".e" or "m" is the last as "*m()".

If I type "._e_m" ("_"=space,not underline),Still woo many member function list.I cann't locate re_m() also.

May few class-name is also contain "e m" letters so those class member-function matched also.
So we still to find a way to filter the member-fucntion name only in the case we don't sure the letter we know "e m " which may is first or the last member-function name that We can type ".e" or "m(" or neither.

So my advice is the letter after the "." is treated as the function name filter-condition only not for other stuff like class-name.
feline Posted - Nov 23 2012 : 3:31:24 PM
For these examples, try typing ".a" to filter this list. This will only show member functions who's name starts with "a".

To mark the end of the function name just type "("

So the filter ".aw2(" will find the single member function called "Aw2".

Since the dot is using the fact the class name is given in the list, removing the class name will actually make finding these functions harder.
jzq740176597 Posted - Nov 22 2012 : 7:51:14 PM
Another advice for [ListMethodsInCurFile]:
e.g.
double BeamInsCal::Aw2()const{
return m_ShapeCi.Aw();
}
the method in listbox is like:
BeamInsCal::Aw2

But when I Type "Be",this method is also matched.So I found that the class-name is also in the match-condition.

I think this [ListMethodsInCurFile] just like it's name ,is used for locate the method.

So I think The match-text is available or take effect for method-name only!
Or at least supply an option.

Regards.
Jzq

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000