Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Typing 'n' suggests 'n'

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lex Posted - Dec 16 2010 : 6:29:09 PM
When typing n I get a suggestion list in the following order:
n, namespace, new, ...
Where n is a global debug-variable from a file in a different project.

I suppose it's good that VA prioritize local variables, but shouldn't the priority decrease over time if you never ever select a particular entry? I've never selected n, I almost always select either namespace or new. This has been going on for months.

In this particular case the variable is not even accessible, but that's another issue I guess.

On second thought, it seems rather pointless to suggest one-letter words at all.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ressity Posted - Dec 20 2010 : 6:16:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Do you have:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Suggestions -> Include bits of code from surrounding lines

turned on or off? I would expect turning this on to help a bit here, since then VA suggestions should be more likely to pick up local and recently used symbols.

It's turned off. I'll give that a try! Thanks
feline Posted - Dec 20 2010 : 5:08:23 PM
Do you have:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Suggestions -> Include bits of code from surrounding lines

turned on or off? I would expect turning this on to help a bit here, since then VA suggestions should be more likely to pick up local and recently used symbols.

The suggestions are VA's best guess, so sometimes they are brilliant, and sometimes they are not so good.

I am not quite sure what to say about single character suggestions, since they do make sense when they are VA Snippets, or in a different case. So you might type "n" but want "N".

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000