Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Suggestion: Registration process

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lifeforce Posted - Dec 25 2021 : 03:27:30 AM
Hi.

I come to you with a crazy idea. A wise man once said, better 1000 guilty men roam free than 1 innocent man locked up.

It is patently absurd that you have a manual serial number registration process, undoubtedly to thwart a minority of people who would steal the product. Instead, the impact you would rather have on 100% of your userbase is that they pay hundreds of dollars and then can't use the product they paid for, for an indeterminant amount of time. Sometimes having to sign up for multiple trials. Its absurd.

I ordered your product over a week ago, and I have yet to receive my serial number because it has to be manually validated and sent to me. I still, as a professional software engineer working at a very large tech company, I cannot wrap my head around this.

Now I have to go make a fake email address and sign up for yet another trial because some idiot at your company decided this was a great experience for your customers.

My company uses Visual Assist, but if this experience is not fixed come time to update I WILL swap to ReSharper C++.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 29 2021 : 09:18:57 AM
Apologies for the problems the system is causing you.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, have you checked your spam email folder for any emails about your license key? I ask since this does happen, and it does cause people to believe, quite reasonably, that we have not gotten back to them.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000