Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Shortcut to surround line with a specific snippet

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alanchen Posted - May 22 2018 : 05:27:18 AM
Hi,

I am using Visual Assist 10.7.1929.0. Now I can add try-catch block for a codeline by:

1. Select the codeline.
2. Go to �VAssistX -> Surround with VA Snippet -> try (�) catch ()�

However, this is not convenient since each time I need to access the menu and submenu items for multiple times. I also see there is a shortcut for �try� snippet. So I try to use shortcut instead, as follows:

1. Select the codeline.
2. Input �try�.
3. When the �try (�) catch ()� line appear, I press �Enter� key.

However, this time the try catch block will OVERWRITE the existing codeline, instead of surrounding it.

How to create a shortcut that can surround the codeline with a specific VA Snippet?

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 23 2018 : 06:03:57 AM
You can easily do this in the current version of VA.
alanchen Posted - May 22 2018 : 7:27:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

in your current version, you could try changing the body for the default snippets "(...)" or "{...}" to have them do what you want, instead of their current default behaviour.

Sorry but I cannot understand you very well. The body of the default snippet is OK. The only problem is that I cannot find a shortcut that can surround a selected line. With the menu items, I can do that but that is not convenient.
sean Posted - May 22 2018 : 12:01:22 PM
See the Surround With edit field in the Snippet Editor; triggers can only be single characters.
feline Posted - May 22 2018 : 08:34:44 AM
This is easily available in more recent versions of VA, you can simply set a key that will trigger your snippet when you have selected text. You can download a trial version from here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

in your current version, you could try changing the body for the default snippets "(...)" or "{...}" to have them do what you want, instead of their current default behaviour.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000