Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Invalid Boost.Fusion structures suggestions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kernel_panic Posted - Jun 20 2013 : 3:21:37 PM
If I create a Boost.Fusion structure, Visual Assist is unable to make the proper completion.

Example:

#include <vector>

#include <boost/fusion/adapted/struct/define_struct.hpp>
#include <boost/fusion/include/define_struct.hpp>

BOOST_FUSION_DEFINE_STRUCT((test), test_struct, (unsigned int, i)(std::vector<char>, v));

int main(int argc, char ** argv)
{

test::test_struct s;

}

When I type s. I would expect to have "i" and "v" suggested, instead I either have nothing or a list made of "self_type" and "BOOST_FUSION_DEFINE_EMPTY_STRUCT_IMPL".
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kernel_panic Posted - Jun 25 2013 : 1:00:04 PM
Thanks a lot, I did tell VAX to ignore it. I'm looking forward to VAX supporting Boost.Fusion macros! :)

accord Posted - Jun 25 2013 : 10:20:57 AM
Normally, we can build simplified macros:
http://docs.wholetomato.com?W302

But this macro just seems to be too complex for that. It's like a different language. :) The only way to parse things like this fast, is to recognize it and parse it differently, like you said. I have added a comment to the case with your suggestion.

If this or any other macro would cause more harm (e.g. by spoiling the scope), you can always tell VA to ignore specific macros altogether, see the above link for more info on this.
kernel_panic Posted - Jun 21 2013 : 2:05:21 PM
Thanks for the answer, I'll try with IntelliSense. I think ideally you should try to parse the Boost.Fusion macros directly (that is, not parse all the macros recursively, but detect it's a Boost.Fusion macro and extract all the appropriate info from it).
accord Posted - Jun 20 2013 : 5:55:05 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=75034

The workaround would be to enable the following setting, but as you already mentioned elsewhere you turned off Intellisense.
VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Get content from default intellisense

In case you would enable it later or someone has a similar problem and reads this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000