Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Find Symbol uses symbols from different solution

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Simon.K Posted - May 23 2013 : 04:04:05 AM
I have a solution checked out multiple times from SVN in one folder (so I can work on multiple things without 2 WIP thing interfering with each other), like this:

E:\\dev\\solution_1
E:\\dev\\solution_2

etc. However, this causes problems when using the "Find Symbol" feature of VA, in a way that the result window offers me the same symbol from both solutions and sometimes I accidentally click on the item from the solution I am currently NOT working on. I can always hover with mouse above the result to display full path to the file containing the symbol, but this gets a little annoying.

Is there a way to tell VA to only use symbols from current solution? ( I understand VA uses only one symbol database or something... )
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - May 31 2013 : 11:05:33 PM
responded via support
case=74632
Simon.K Posted - May 31 2013 : 04:09:23 AM
'Watch for externally modified files' is turned off.

This log was generated after I searched for a symbol and it gave me results from other solutions.

--- removed ---
sean Posted - May 23 2013 : 11:14:38 AM
VA uses separate symbol databases for each solution, so out of the box, cross-solution contamination should not occur. Cross-contamination can occur if you open files from one solution while the other is loaded. Cross-contamination might occur if your includes are set to share a common directory.

I also recommend disabling "Watch for externally modified files..." on the Performance page of the VA Options dialog.

Generating and submitting a va.log might help us identify problems VA has with your solutions.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000