Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Add include suggests wrong header

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jschroedl Posted - Feb 15 2013 : 6:53:10 PM
The refactoring for std::function<> offers to #include <memory> but should offer to #include <functional>.

It's interesting that if I use Goto Implementation, I am correctly taken to <functional>

Info:
VS 2012 Premium with Update 1.
VAX VA_X.dll file version 10.7.1925.0 built 2012.12.14
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Feb 20 2013 : 3:58:15 PM
std is a namespace which is defined in several places, including <memory>. When more than one declaration file is available, VA picks one of them, maybe the first one.

I see how it can be strange from the point of view of the user, though.
When you refer to a symbol through a "chain" of symbols, it might be possible that you want to include more than one file. An example of this would be the following:

You have an object which is a pointer in a file and you refer to the class's method in an other file, something like the following:

file1.h:

extern cSomeClass* Obj;

file2.h:

class cSomeClass
{
    void Method1();
};

So if you write the following in somesource.cpp you will want to include both file1.h and file2.h:

Obj->Method1();

This can be done via using "Add Include" first over "Obj", and then over "Method1".
jschroedl Posted - Feb 19 2013 : 6:41:15 PM
Indeed, if I use Add Include on the function part, it suggests <functional>. So, I'd say the bug is the suggestion to add an include for <memory>. Why would it suggest that instead of functional or nothing at all? I read the type as std::function<>.
accord Posted - Feb 18 2013 : 8:12:22 PM
This is because it does matter if you use Add Include (or Goto) on "std" or on "function". What happens if you use "Add Include" on the "function" part?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000