Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Visual studio 2012 freeze

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dgallo Posted - Nov 22 2012 : 09:49:00 AM
Visual studio 2012 freezes with VAssist while typing letters "~" and "^" on a french keyboard, and typing another caracter after.
For example a c++ destructor ~classname();
I'm typing the key AltGr and the key '2' to obtain the letter "~" on the french keyboard ; this cause an heavy cpu load on the Visual Studio process and i cannot type any key anymore ; sometimes i have ~cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc when i type ~ and c.

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Pro and VAssist 1918 on Windows 8 x64 on a core i7.
Tested with only VAssist extension enabled.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 11:46:52 PM
case=70780 is fixed in build 1925
feline Posted - Nov 23 2012 : 5:40:08 PM
If you are using a second keyboard layout to help, on my Windows 8 system the default keyboard shortcut to swap between two different keyboard layouts is "Windows Key + Space".

You might also find this page helpful, it shows different keyboard layouts:

http://www.terena.org/activities/multiling/ml-mua/test/kbd-all.html

It helped me work out where the ~ symbol was on the French keyboard Changing keyboard layouts can be a bit of a jolt if you are not used to this.

Either way hopefully this will be fixed soon, since I have put this down as an urgent bug report.
dgallo Posted - Nov 22 2012 : 11:24:30 PM
I have only the french keyboard installed.

Thank you for the workaround.
feline Posted - Nov 22 2012 : 8:05:42 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=70780

Interestingly this is Windows 8 specific for me, I cannot reproduce this under Windows 7.

Do you have another keyboard layout installed, or do you only have the French keyboard installed in Windows? As a temporary work around you could try swapping keyboard layouts while entering ~ for your destructors. Not ideal, but it might help.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000